Mobility of Researchers (EURAXESS)

Logo Hr Excellence 


FAQ 876 55 35 81

Entrance and residence conditions of foreign researchers in Spain

Taking into account that requirements and procedure concerning Entrance and Residence Conditions In Spain, depend directly on the country you come from, the duration of your stay, kind of contract and many other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us if you will to receive precise information. You can check the Spanish Legislation on Entrance and Residence Conditions through the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.

1. If you are a EUROPEAN CITIZEN, please find enclosed the Regulation governing european citizens in Spain, updated in 2012. Since july 2011, there´s a special legislation concerning romanian citizens, renewed in 2013.


  • In your COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: you may need to contact the nearest Spanish Consulate to collect all dued information about the legal requirements you should comply with, and the documents needed to be attached to your Visa application, which will guarantee your legal entrance in our country. The website of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides information on topics such as:


      • In SPAIN:

Once in Spain, please find enclosed information related to the procedure to be accomplished to legally stay in Spain. This procedure depends totally on the kind of visa you have entered Spain with. Application Forms and information leaflets. Secretariat of State for Inmigration & Emigration. Please feel free to contact us if you require further information about the kind of application you need to submit. "Oficinas de Extranjeros" in Aragón and Police Stations concerning inmigration issues.